Nominations for the Solar Power Portal and Energy-Storage.News Awards 2018 are now open, and one category we expect to be highly sought after this year is Utility-scale Storage Project of the year.
Energy storage arguably enjoyed a breakthrough year in the UK power sector in 2017. The technology started to pick up contracts in the Capacity Market, investors made their first moves and batteries even helped solar deploy without subsidies in the UK. With the eight Enhanced Frequency Response projects having either completed or due to before the end of February, utility-scale storage is experiencing material growth.
To be eligible for this award installations will have been completed after 7 June 2017, and nominations should include details of the system size and equipment used, as well as any available details regarding the business model and/or revenue stack used to support the system’s deployment.
Last year’s winner
Last year’s Utility-scale Storage Project award was won by Camborne Energy Storage and Poweri Services for their installation of grid-connected Tesla Powerpacks in Somerset. Connected to a 500kWp solar array, the 500kWh battery system was Europe’s first install of Tesla Powerpacks.
This year nominations will remain open until midnight 31 May 2018 before a three-week judging process takes place.
Registration and the nominations process is simple and takes a few minutes of your time. Follow our simple guide below to walk you through the process.
How to Enter - 5 Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2018 microsite
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’