Nominations for this year’s Clean Energy Awards are currently open. While this year will be the inaugural ceremony for the Clean Energy Awards, it will be co-located alongside the long-standing Solar Power Portal Awards and take place on 5 October during the Clean Energy Live exhibition at Birmingham’s NEC.
No fewer than 19 trophies will be handed out during an evening hosted by stand-up comedian Jimmy Carr.
In the run up to the 29 June nominations deadline, Clean Energy News is taking a closer look at each of this year’s categories.
Clean Energy Financial Innovation
The first of this year’s categories has been established to reward a financial innovation product that has increased the deployment of not just solar, but any clean energy product in the UK. Given the significant cuts to the feed-in tariff and other renewables support mechanisms, companies have had to become increasingly savvy to ensure the financial models behind deployment are just as sound as they have been before.
Power purchase agreements have emerged as a very tangible prospect for solar deployment, particularly at the commercial level, while community energy projects have soared over the last 12 months with various share offers for potential investors.
Last year’s winner
This category was restricted to solar last year and saw Big60Million, launched by Belectric’s Toddington Harper, take the award after impressing the judging panel with its innovative approach to financing in the community energy space.
Do you have a project that you want to shout about? Enter your project now for the 2016 Clean Energy Awards.
How to Enter - 5 Easy Steps
- Click where prompted to nominate
- Create a profile by clicking ‘Login’ in the navigation bar, and inputting all the required information. Once logged in, you will be able to see information on all this year’s categories and judging criteria
- Log in to your online account and under the submissions tab, click “add new”
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click “save and submit”.
The Awards dinner will be held on Wednesday 5th October 2016 at the Hilton Metropole NEC. Tickets can be booked by contacting Stuart Bradshaw.