Preparations are now gathering pace as the UK’s solar and clean energy industries prepare to meet at this year’s Solar Energy UK | Clean Energy Live exhibition, held at the NEC in Birmingham.
- Scottish Water commits to £9 million solar scheme to reduce emissions and costs 28 Sep 2016, 12:31
- Canary Wharf Group cuts emissions by 8.5% in three years 28 Sep 2016, 11:28
- 500 companies to receive UK's first Energy Labels from SmartestEnergy 26 Sep 2016, 10:27
- Scotch whiskey industry to adopt renewables in updated strategy 23 Sep 2016, 15:37
- Tarmac lauds efficiency improvements and DSR as emissions tumble 27% 22 Sep 2016, 09:39
- First grid scale Tesla Powerpack to be installed in Europe completed in the UK 21 Sep 2016, 17:29
- Brexit and energy: ‘Uncertainty’ doesn’t do it justice 21 Sep 2016, 11:11
- TWO WEEKS until Solar Energy UK | Clean Energy Live 2016 19 Sep 2016, 13:38
- Good Energy records surge in business energy supply 15 Sep 2016, 15:16
- Cenex to showcase vehicle-to-grid projects at Clean Energy Live 14 Sep 2016, 13:07
- Treasury to propose transitional relief for rising solar business rates 7 Sep 2016, 11:07
- Lego builds on efficiency success after exceeding 2016 target 7 Sep 2016, 10:48
- ESOS compliance continuing to rise, government figures show 2 Sep 2016, 11:43
- National Grid chief’s vision of a smart energy revolution attacked by trade union 31 Aug 2016, 14:14
- Sainsbury’s says solar still crucial to sustainability plan, trials battery storage 31 Aug 2016, 11:05
- Good Energy to offer renewable energy trading platform to business customers 23 Aug 2016, 15:33
- National Grid cancels Demand Side Balancing Reserve tender for winter 2016/17 22 Aug 2016, 12:51
- More certainty needed to realise ‘great appetite’ for commercial battery storage, report finds 17 Aug 2016, 12:13
- Ecotricity losing money from charging network, says Electric Highway MD 17 Aug 2016, 09:19
- Solar business rates revaluation adds to growing BEIS business efficiency priority list 10 Aug 2016, 09:50
Scottish Water has pledged to spend £9 million over the next three years on a number of solar projects in the single biggest investment in the technology by the utility.
Building materials firm Tarmac has lauded the impact of its energy efficiency and demand side response initiatives after recording a significant fall in CO2 emissions.
The first grid scale installation of the Tesla Powerpack system in Europe has been completed in the UK by Camborne Energy Storage and is already providing ancillary services to the National Grid.
Post-Brexit the world is not on fire. To learn more about the realities of the new normal, Clean Energy News publisher Solar Media convened a cross-channel group of experts overseen by the law firm Eversheds and chaired by veteran energy journalist Terry Macalister. Here, he forms his first view on the mood of the assembled investors, operators and policy experts in the forum.
The UK will ratify the Paris agreement by the end of the year according to prime minister Theresa May, who used her first speech to the United Nations to commit to the global effort against climate change.
Sky is well on its way to cutting its carbon emissions in half by 2020 after the group’s latest sustainability update showed a reduction of 44% since 2008.
Europcar has bolstered its electric vehicle (EH) fleet after making the biggest ever UK order of the Renault ZOE, ordering 55 of the fully electric cars for use in the delivery and collection of hire vehicles.
Apple has become the latest global firm to join the RE100, pledging to not only reach 100% renewable energy use worldwide but also drive clean energy into its manufacturing chain.
Lightsource has begun supplying solar energy to Ming Foods through a 25 year power purchase agreement which stands to save the Chinese pastry specialist more than £20,000 from its annual energy costs.
- Solarwatt signs up Wind & Sun as ‘important’ distribution partner
- Devon Power steps in to rescue solar firm Beco from Rame insolvency
- Crowd funding bond launched for social housing solar portfolio
- Shadow energy secretary makes major decentralised energy pledge
- BayWa r.e. to host installer workshops at Solar Energy UK | Clean Energy Live 2016
The amount of electricity Good Energy supplied to business customers surged in the first half of this year after investments in the company’s operations began to pay off.
Cenex has partnered with Clean Energy Live to showcase various vehicle-to-grid projects at this event, which is taking place between 4 – 6 October at Birmingham’s NEC.
Irish bank AIB is to receive what it has called the largest urban rooftop solar installation in Ireland after plans for a power purchase agreement with Power Capital were announced.
EU to set headline 30% energy efficiency target for 2030 – reports
Big four consultancy PricewaterhouseCoopers has reduced its total emissions by a quarter since 2007, almost halving its energy consumption in the process after wide adoption of energy efficiency and sustainability measures across the business.
Scotland has continued to outperform the rest of the UK in energy efficiency policy according to the Committee on Climate Change (CCC).
An academy in Greater Manchester is set to save more than £2 million from its energy costs over the next 25 years following the installation of a new solar array and the start of a power purchase agreement (PPA) with Eden Sustainable.